[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [K12OSN] Broken repository or URL that affects smbldap-installer



Thanks for confirming this.  I added the --disablerepo=core  to the
distro_data.pm file in the smbldap-installer and it appears to work fine
now.  Feels like a hack, but at least it's just an installer.  I visited
the bug page....doesn't appear to be much movement on it....got any clout
with the RH guys or Fedora guys who can fix this?  It's an annoying bug...

The good news....with that and another thing I found and changed in
/etc/ldap.conf....it looks like smbldap-installer for FC5 could be good to
go.  I have it working on my laptop....and everything tests out
fine....squashed the messagebus issue....thank goodness I can read French 
:-) .  I've pushed my changes/findings up to Matt and hopefully he'll roll
out the new version later this week.  I know he plans to have it out
before NELS at UNH which begins Sunday.  There'll be very little
documentation to rewrite, but if there is anything to be added I will do
it as soon as we release.  The documentation is a wiki so it's easy to add
to.  I can do it at NELS.  


"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com> on
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 1:24 AM +0000 wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Eric Harrison wrote:
>
>>
>> This is probably a yum bug that reported a while back (I'll go check up
>> on it when I get a chance). If it is the same bug, you can work-around
>it
>> by adding in "--disablerepo=core", such as:
>>
>> 	yum --disablerepo=core install perl-LDAP
>>
>> -Eric
>
>If this is the same bug, here is the bugzilla entry...
>
>https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=188926
>
>-Eric
>
>> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, David Trask wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Eric!  Hope your summer is going well.  I have discovered an issue
>>> that is affecting the development of the new version of
>smbldap-installer.
>>> I'm trying to install perl-LDAP via yum as part of the script using a
>>> machine installed from K12LTSP 5 (beta12).  There is an incorrect URL
>for
>>> perl-LDAP (and maybe others, but I can't get any further yet)  The
>current
>>> URL reads
>>>
>http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/Fedora/RPMS/perl-LDAP-0.33-1.2.noarch.rpm
>>>  BUT it should be
>>>
>http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/i386/Fedora/RPMS/perl-LDAP-0.33-1.2.noarch.rpm
>>> (note the addition of i386 right before Fedora)  Can you fix this?  Not
>>> sure how widespread it is or where it needs to be fixed.  Thanks!  I'll
>>> let you know if I find others, but I need to be able to get to that
>point
>>> :-)   Once I get this installed then I have to tackle the messaging bus
>>> issue that is pestering Matt and I.  Once that is squashed then the new
>>> version of smbldap-installer will be ready.  Matt has added some really
>>> nice PDC-BDC features with replication stuff...etc.
>>> 
>>> David N. Trask
>>> Technology Teacher/Director
>>> Vassalboro Community School
>>> dtrask vcsvikings org
>>> (207)923-3100
>>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>K12OSN mailing list
>K12OSN redhat com
>https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
>For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>



David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcsvikings org
(207)923-3100



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]