Re: [K12OSN] smbldap-useradd command through firewall

have you attempted to use the absolute path of the command?

i.e. /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd groupname

my first inclination would be to check that...likely it's not in your path

--Huck

larry wrote:
I've installed a Primary Domain Controler (PDC-K12LTSP4.2.1) at one of
my K-8 schools using David Trask's How-to at:
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/ (Great how-to!!!).
Everything worked great ---- but now I want to admin my PDC from my
office (remote location).

I ssh -l root into my firewall at the school -- then ssh -l root into
the PDC.

Commands that work are:
	net groupmap list
	getent group
	pdbedit -Lv username
	& others

Commands that don't work are:
	smbldap-useradd username (error msg: "command not found")
	smbldap-groupadd groupname (error msg: "command not found")

I'm unsure why some commands work and others don't.

Larry