[K12OSN] linux roving profiles needed??

Nathan Shaffer nathan at grandvache.com
Wed Jul 12 01:04:26 UTC 2006

At our school, I've convinced the teachers and staff that since we've
been running a ltsp lab with 30 workstations for 3 years (started
with 3.1.1), it's time to migrate Linux up to the main classrooms and
get rid of Win2k running on desktops.  As financial conditions
permit, we may acquire more server power to turn the classrooms into
LTSP, however; for now we'll be setting up RH linux on PIII-800
workstations and authenticate to a main LDAP server (LTSP server).
Is there something we need to set up for the Gnome desktop profiles
that differ between the LTSP labs and the classroom workstations such
as roving profiles?  (software should be the same since all are
being upgraded to use LTSP 4.4.1 whether server or desktop).

Thanks -

Nathan Shaffer
St John the Apostle School
Oregon City, Oregon