[K12OSN] NFS?NIS

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jul 12 04:11:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:20:07 -0700, Huck wrote
> Is there a howto on K12LTSP load balancing utilizing this type of a
> setup? where you can have diff LTSP servers say throughout diff
> buildings on a campus that all pull and auth from a central SMBLDAP server?

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for here, do you want automatic
load balancing, a drop down to choose your server, or different subnets with
dedicated LTSP servers that simply auth and nfs mount to a main LDAP server
(auth and NFS mount to a main LDAP server for all three cases).

The answer from me is yes, but I don't know where.  I have seen users post
with info on how to load balance with round robin DNS, and I have seen users
post with info on adding a drop down menu to choose your server.  As far as
the third option the solution is most likely obvious.

As far as a howto on authenticating multiple servers to a central LDAP and
NFS, I am sure David will provide that in a heartbeat :-)