[K12OSN] k12 4.4.1 yum errors and missing deps

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jul 12 18:07:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 19:19 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> Anybody got any pointers, please?

After a "kitchen sink" install, it is often good to start removing
things with broken dependencies (especially if it is not used: the less
installed, the less to maintain). For instance, the ImageMagik is needed
for the c++ upgrade, so uninstall the existing c++ package with
ImageMagik.

The other way is to make liberal use of the --exclude <package name> in
the commandline version of yum. This will dodge the broken dependencies.

If you are using yumex, you can keep dropping packages to be upgraded
from the queue and rerun the upgrade.

Some of the "<foo> not available" lines look like a repo is marked as
off. i.e. libcrypto _is_ available but it should be in base or updates.