this and am very thankful for the help.

Works like a champ when you know where to go.

Larry

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 14:30 -0400, Matt Oquist wrote:
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:40:59 -0400
From: larry <lmcpherson mail sumner k12 me us>
Subject: [K12OSN] smbldap-useradd command through firewall

I've installed a Primary Domain Controler (PDC-K12LTSP4.2.1) at one of
my K-8 schools using David Trask's How-to at:
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/ (Great how-to!!!).
Everything worked great ---- but now I want to admin my PDC from my
office (remote location).

I ssh -l root into my firewall at the school -- then ssh -l root into
the PDC.

Commands that work are:
	net groupmap list
	getent group
	pdbedit -Lv username
	& others

Commands that don't work are:
	smbldap-useradd username (error msg: "command not found")
	smbldap-groupadd groupname (error msg: "command not found")

I'm unsure why some commands work and others don't.
Are you sure smbldap-useradd and smbldap-groupadd are in your $PATH?

This will show you what your $PATH is:
$ echo $PATH

Look through the list of directories and see if the location of
smbldap-useradd is there; I expect it not to be. The Fedora
smbldap-tools packages typically put the smbldap-* scripts in...less
than convenient places such as /opt/IDEALX/sbin/. I don't know why
anyone thinks this is a good idea.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/