[K12OSN] file permissions for different groups?

Krsnendu Dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:16:10 UTC 2006

I have set up my K12LTSP as a Samba file server. If someone is connecting
from a windows machine, how do they control permissions? eg which group and
which access mode

For example the principal may want to place a file on the server which is
only to be accessed by Admin group. Another file he may want RW access to
Admin and RO access to Staff and no access to others. Another file he may
want RW access for Staff and Admin but noone else.How can he set these
permissions from his Windows XP machine?
Does it make a difference if the computer is set up as a domain client or
workgroup client?

Krsnendu dasa