Re: [K12OSN] Server specs....how low can you go?

On 13/07/06, Gavin Chester <sales ecosolutions com au> wrote:

Many, many times on this list multi-CPU machines have been recommended
for terminal servers.  The benefits are that sometimes a single user can
take the CPU right up to >90% briefly.  When that happens everyone
suffers.  With dual CPU (or more - my dual Xeon with hyperthreading is
seen as four CPUs) then such occurrences have minimal/no impact on other
users.  Having switched from a single to dual CPU machine, I can attest
to the benefit.

My $0.02 worth......The above advise is golden. I never believed it
possible the improvement I saw with dual core CPU and SMP kernel.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar