[K12OSN] RE: smbldap-installer now supports full replication, PDC/BDC (Paul Lemke)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Thu Jul 13 16:16:07 UTC 2006

> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:53:21 -0500
> From: "Paul Lemke" <lists at paulandmichelle.net>
> Subject: RE: [K12OSN] smbldap-installer now supports full replication,
> 	PDC/BDC

> Any particular reason why the firewall has to be disabled? Can we start it
> back up after the install is done? Or could you give us a list of ports that
> need to be open? Thanks!
> I can't wait to try this when I get in today.

I haven't bothered to figure out exactly what the problem is because
I haven't had the time, and also because I hope that almost everyone
would only run Samba/LDAP on an internal server, behind *another*
firewall.

If you want to figure out the minimal set of changes to the default
firewall that will let the installer succeed in creating a working
configuration, please do! Let me know what the changes are and we can
add a script to the installer to make things easier.

I don't want to turn the firewall or SELinux off automatically,
*especially* without asking. It's a design decision that the user
should need to perform those actions manually.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/