[K12OSN] php configuration

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jul 13 18:51:02 UTC 2006

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> 	I've noticed that in K12ltsp v. 5, PHP is configured
> "--without-mysql", which makes it unusable with mysql. Any suggestions for
> a quick fix? I'd love to avoid the need to compile it from the sources.

yum install php-mysql
rpm -qi php-mysql
...snip...
The php-mysql package contains a dynamic shared object that will add
MySQL database support to PHP. MySQL is an object-relational database
management system. PHP is an HTML-embeddable scripting language. If
you need MySQL support for PHP applications, you will need to install
this package and the php package.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services