[K12OSN] More detailed instructions & documentation needed for K12LTSP implementation

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Jul 13 21:13:49 UTC 2006

If you are using the Gnome desktop (which is the default), sabayon is a graphical tool
for configuring users' menus, desktop icons, etc.  As I recall, when I used it a few
months ago, it allows you to make changes to one or many users and I *think* you can
group people, too.  I don't think it's installed by default in 4.4.1; as root, run

yum install sabayon

and it will install everything for you.  Then you'll find it under some menu somewhere
(I forget where).

If you're using KDE, I think there's a similar tool called Kiosk, but I'm not familiar
with it.  HTH

Petre