Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0.0 Release Candidate #1

Thx !
I did exactly that, as Eric said, and it is okay. Exactly the same as you say, but fr and not fi ;)
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when you open Windows !"

Mikko Jordman wrote:
Hi,< I had the same problem and it was solved with the update. I have these
lines in lts.conf:
nd in lts.conf I have this:

      # Keyboards
      XkbSymbols         = "fi(pc101)"
      XkbModel           = "pc101"
      XkbLayout          = "fi"

Nothing else is needed. I have Finnish as default language.

- mikkoj

Lainaus Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us>:

First, did you reboot your terminal after the upgrade? That is required
for the keymapings to work correctly.

I use the default US keyboard, hopefully someone more experienced will
give more useful information... as far as I know you only need to edit
/opt/ltsp/i386/lts.conf and set key board type, such as:

  XkbLayout = "fr"

-Eric

LarryT wrote:

hi there :)
Few days ago i have download and install the k12ltsp 5 beta 11.
Using english as default language but french keyboard.
At logon the keyboard is english :(, after login, i have french keyboard.
After the update  i still have the same problem.
How come ? What may i try to have default french keyboard even at logon ?
thx

Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when
you open Windows !"

Eric Harrison wrote:

K12LTSP 5.0.0 release candidate #1 has been uploaded.

This includes today's LTSP CVS + the K12LTSP keymap fix. Jim tells me
that LTSP 4.2 update 3 is about ready. If there are any additional
updates to LTSP before update 3 is officially released, we'll add them
into RC2.