Re: [K12OSN] Re: SATA vs. SCSI....buying a new server

On 7/14/06, pogson <robert pogson gmail com> wrote:
I don't do Windows if I can help it, but with Linux you save big time using RAM to cache files and SATA to serve them. I am planning to put three of these folks in my /home and http server in my system. I can use RAID 1 to permit serving three files at once, and RAID 1 over network ,drbd, to use two servers in  a HA cluster and the price of each drive is $CDN 163.  I do not need speed

FWIW, if you want anecdotal SATA reliability info, my employer's hosting service (tummy.com) swears by Hitachi drives - Seagate is their second choice.

Calvin