[K12OSN] Re: Fl_TeacherTool monitor and Control

On 7/14/06, David Trask <dtrask vcsvikings org> wrote:
Hi!
I'm setting up a server for NELS.  I read the Install notes in
/user/share/doc/fl_teachertool  and did the things for enabling Monitor
and Control.  If I edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/build_x4.conf (not sure if
that's the name of the file as I'm recalling from memory, but it was the
right file) and put in the stuff you mention between the Section Screen
and so forth....X on the client won't even start....if I revert to the
original it's fine.  I noticed that the original is VERY close to the
changes you recommend.  What is happening when I click on "monitor" or
"control" I'm getting connection refused.  What am I missing?  I had it

Double check your mods with step #4 on my site.

I just sent Eric version 0.33. Here are the release notes.
======================
Fl_TeacherTool 0.33
released July 14, 2006

New Features:

-Window title bar and taskbar text of VNC sessions for
Monitor/Control now include name of user to allow easy identification of
who is being monitored/controlled.
-Can open more than one monitor vnc session at a time.
-No longer need to manually type in vnc password for monitor/control

Known limitation: Monitor/Control does not work on PPC clients
=====================

working fine with K12LTSP beta8....did something change with beta12 aka
rc1?  I also had it working with 4.41.  What can I try to get this
working....I'd like to demo it at NELS.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School