[K12OSN] Re: Fl_TeacherTool monitor and Control

I am just about to modify the install instructions on my site for
k12ltsp 5.0. BTW David, the step on copying the vnc module to the /opt
tree does not work with k12ltsp 5.0 but Eric built the module and the
build patch is in the latest ltsp update, which k12ltsp rc1 should
have. Basically it should all be easier with 5.0

On 7/14/06, Robert Arkiletian <robark gmail com> wrote:
On 7/14/06, David Trask <dtrask vcsvikings org> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm setting up a server for NELS.  I read the Install notes in
> /user/share/doc/fl_teachertool  and did the things for enabling Monitor
> and Control.  If I edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/build_x4.conf (not sure if
> that's the name of the file as I'm recalling from memory, but it was the
> right file) and put in the stuff you mention between the Section Screen
> and so forth....X on the client won't even start....if I revert to the
> original it's fine.  I noticed that the original is VERY close to the
> changes you recommend.  What is happening when I click on "monitor" or
> "control" I'm getting connection refused.  What am I missing?  I had it

Double check your mods with step #4 on my site.

I just sent Eric version 0.33. Here are the release notes.
======================
Fl_TeacherTool 0.33
released July 14, 2006

New Features:

-Window title bar and taskbar text of VNC sessions for
Monitor/Control now include name of user to allow easy identification of
who is being monitored/controlled.
-Can open more than one monitor vnc session at a time.
-No longer need to manually type in vnc password for monitor/control

Known limitation: Monitor/Control does not work on PPC clients

--
Robert Arkiletian

Robert Arkiletian