[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [K12OSN] This is my yum error



"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com> on
Sat Jul 15 2006 at 01:25 +0000 wrote:
>On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, David Trask wrote:
>
>> Eric,
>>
>> This is an example of the type of errors I get.  I ran "yum clean all"
>> and then tried to run "yum update"....this is what I got...
>>
>> [root server ~]# yum update
>> Loading "installonlyn" plugin
>> Setting up Update Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> macromedia                                                          
>[1/6]
>> macromedia                100% |=========================|  951 B   
>00:00
>> core                                                                
>[2/6]
>> core                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB   
>00:00
>> k12ltsp                                                             
>[3/6]
>> k12ltsp                   100% |=========================| 1.1 kB   
>00:00
>> updates                                                             
>[4/6]
>> updates                   100% |=========================| 1.2 kB   
>00:00
>> webmin                                                              
>[5/6]
>> webmin                    100% |=========================|  951 B   
>00:00
>> extras                                                              
>[6/6]
>> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB   
>00:00
>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 1.1 kB   
>00:00
>> macromedia: #################################                  2/3Added
>2
>> new packages, deleted 0 old in 0.11 seconds
>> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 767 kB   
>00:09
>> core      : ################################################## 2207/2207
>> Added 2207 new packages, deleted 0 old in 13.21 seconds
>> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 1.2 MB   
>00:00
>> k12ltsp   : ################################################## 3842/3842
>> Added 3842 new packages, deleted 0 old in 26.86 seconds
>> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 386 kB   
>00:04
>> updates   : ################################################## 1080/1080
>> Added 1080 new packages, deleted 0 old in 8.55 seconds
>> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 1.1 kB   
>00:00
>> webmin    : ################################################## 3/3
>> Added 3 new packages, deleted 0 old in 0.08 seconds
>> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 1.2 MB   
>00:00
>> extras    : ################################################## 4205/4205
>> Added 4205 new packages, deleted 0 old in 24.93 seconds
>> Resolving Dependencies
>> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
>> ---> Downloading header for bind-config to pack into transaction set.
>> bind-config-9.3.2-20.FC5. 100% |=========================|  35 kB   
>00:00
>> ---> Package bind-config.i386 30:9.3.2-20.FC5 set to be updated
>> ---> Downloading header for ltsp_i386 to pack into transaction set.
>> ltsp_i386-4.2-2c.k12ltsp. 100% |=========================|  87 MB   
>10:02
>>
>http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/i386/Fedora/RPMS/ltsp_i386-4.2-2c.k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm:
>> [Errno -1] Header is not complete.
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: failure:
>i386/Fedora/RPMS/ltsp_i386-4.2-2c.k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm
>> from k12ltsp: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>>
>>
>>
>> See the error?  How can I get around this?  I've gotten it on "some"
>other
>> packages, but not all.  Java would not install either...same error....I
>> also had an issue with kdebase.  some things install fine though...like
>> webmin...and tuxpaint.  I did the java stuff by hand.  Any ideas?
>
>
>I'm guessing that the "bad headers" are cached in an upstream proxy
>server.
>
>Try adding the following line to the "[main]" section of /etc/yum.conf:
>
> 	http_caching=packages
>
>then clear out your local cache & try again...
>
> 	yum clean headers
> 	yum update
>
>
>-Eric
>
>_______________________________________________
>K12OSN mailing list
>K12OSN redhat com
>https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
>For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>

OK....I did all that....no difference....even completely flush the squid
cache on my proxy.  So once that didn't work....I connected my machine
directly to the Internet...(bypassed my own firewall/proxy...etc.
entirely)....ran yum clean all and so forth....no different.  Still the
same error.
>



David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcsvikings org
(207)923-3100



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]