[K12OSN] file permissions for different groups?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 11:59:57 UTC 2006

There are a bunch of parameters you can set in the
smb.conf file.  I don't fully understand them all,
because I'm not really familiar with Windows security,
but you should do a "man smb.conf" and search it for
the following strings:

ACL
mask
security mask
security mode
Windows

This will give you a lot to read, and luckily if you
find one pertinent parameter, its description usually
refers you to some other pertinent parameters.

Good luck.

-Rob