[K12OSN] Gnome disappeared

Mikko Jordman mikko.jordman at edu.vantaa.fi
Sat Jul 15 17:21:01 UTC 2006

Hi,
two mysterious things happened this evening:

1) When logging on terminal, it starts to KDE.
2) Arts-message
Sound server informational message:
Error while initialising the sound driver:
edevice /dev/dsp can't be opened (Permission denied)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

Maybe the message has been there even before, this wasw the first time
starting
KDE.
Gnome is not in the log-on list, but yum shows it is installed ( of course).

I don't remember just now the file where the optional desktops are, so I have
not checked it yet.

Just to inform, to ask help and wondering if this nhas anything to do with yum
updates made lately.

Yuors, mikkoj