Re: [K12OSN] ldap sucess!!! AND webmin

Did you have
to make any other tweaks to make this work besides the crypt >change?

As far as the module config, not that I can think of.  However, I will
say that to get it to work you have to have a [realname] field
populated and  I had to leave the [min:max:warn:inactive:expire]
fields empty.  When I exported my unix users to a batch file, for this
they all  had something like  0:99999:7::.      To get five colons at
the end I put four in one cell in OO-calc then save as .csv with field
delimiter : and text delimiter none.  That's pretty much it.  I almost
can't believe I have the whole user base back in ldap.  Yeah, webmin
is great.  :)  Thanks again Jim.

Peter

On 7/16/06, Jim Kronebusch <jim winonacotter org> wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:29:32 -0400, Peter Hartmann wrote
> Ok, so the one time I decide not to do a media check THREE out of 5
> discs fail. but all md5sums pass.  And no matter how many I burn them
> they always fail.  NFS install is my new friend that's for sure.
>  Also the new webmin-1.290-1 has the samba create user part fixed
> with create users from batch file. One thing I noticed: with
> creating users with pre encrypted passwords, it would only work if
> you set the module to use {crypt}.

So if I understand this correctly, as long as someone uses the newest Webmin
the instructions I posted before will now set up webmin's ldap module as a
complete solution for LDAP management with bulk imports and all?  Did you have
to make any other tweaks to make this work besides the crypt change?

If so, very cool.  Also I can make a webpage and PDF to post for public
download to make this easy to find for anyone else, right now the only
documentation is an old post to this list.  I love webmin, and now just a
little more :-)