[K12OSN] Can't login at clients after installing RC1

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 19:51:18 UTC 2006

Yep, I had everything set up, but ... apparently setting selinux to disabled doesn't necessarily mean that it is.  I edited the conf file and also removed the targetted line as well.  Then, after a reboot, I can log on with some accounts, but not all.

e.g.
student01 with home on the nfs mounted /home/generic/student01 can log on but is immediately logged off.
student02 with home on the nfs mounted  /home/generic/student02 can log on but sound does not work.
testlts3 with home on a local drive, not nfs mounted, can log in and sound works.

And ... new fo fc5 (?) root cannot log on at a thin clients which is ok, but just different.

So ... something to do with permissions still?  Not sure why the sound works for testlts3 but not the other accounts.  Will send a separate message on this since I HAVE to have sound, and video, working this year 'just like Windows' or else management will start looking at other options

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School

From: "Peter Hartmann" <ascensiontech at gmail.com>