[K12OSN] More Moodle :-) Complete School Site?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jul 19 18:29:08 UTC 2006

Well I have poked around Moodle quite a bit today.  Looks like it is very much
based around courses and managing the courses.  From what I see it isn't
exactly practical to see this as a complete web site solution, more of an
augmentation to an existing setup or strictly course management, would that be
an accurate assessment?

>From what I see it is missing a general article style module, such one to use
for a homepage or for department pages.  Not really anything like a photo
gallery module either.  For a complete website these type of modules would be
needed.

So I guess my question is am I missing something or some parts, or is this
really simply intended for course management with a ton of bells and whistles
along that line?

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department