Re: [K12OSN] xquery

On 7/21/06, Huck <dhuckaby paasda org> wrote:
I have some old P1 machines with about 32 megs of ram and 4 MB pci video
cards, the network cards don't pxe boot, so I was thinking of installing
Damn Small Linux, and having them do the 'query the xserver' trick like
the Macs running Yellowdog do...

does this seem feasible or am I likely to be just wasting time?

--Huck

If they already have hard drives then you could try this
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3ABooting%3AClient%3ALiLo
this is how my clients boot.