[K12OSN] success stories?

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Jul 21 17:44:13 UTC 2006

Tom Hoffman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Got a question from eSchool News editor Corey Murray today:
>
> "we wanted to ask whether you know of any schools, or districts in
> particular that (a) have successfully moved to an open source platform
> or, conversely (b) have struggled in attempts to do so."

We have certainly made a lot of progress here in Hawaii, and I or anyone
that we have served would be happy to speak with you.  I know our DOE is
one of the first to offer Linux+ certification at the K12 level, and
there is acceptance of Linux and FOSS all the way up to our State
Superintendent.  A charitable non-profit, HOSEF, has been the catalyst
in accelerating the adoption.

> --Tom

--scott

--