Re: [K12OSN] success stories?

Tom Hoffman wrote:
Hi all,

Got a question from eSchool News editor Corey Murray today:

"we wanted to ask whether you know of any schools, or districts in
particular that (a) have successfully moved to an open source platform
or, conversely (b) have struggled in attempts to do so."

We have certainly made a lot of progress here in Hawaii, and I or anyone that we have served would be happy to speak with you. I know our DOE is one of the first to offer Linux+ certification at the K12 level, and there is acceptance of Linux and FOSS all the way up to our State Superintendent. A charitable non-profit, HOSEF, has been the catalyst in accelerating the adoption.

--Tom

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford