[K12OSN] success stories?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jul 21 20:55:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 08:28 -0400, Jim McQuillan wrote:
> There was an excellent story on Newsforge on Wednesday.  This is one of
> those that gave me goose bumps while reading.
>
> Here's the link:
>
> http://business.newsforge.com/business/06/07/10/2115242.shtml?tid=37&tid=138
>
> Jim McQuillan
> jam at Ltsp.org

Just wait 'till you what is happening in Atlanta next :)

The real thing that is needed is to get some hard statistics on academic
performance, make the K12LTSP switch and then test again. Daniel Howard
managed to pull some numbers from the big test score (the CRCT) and
compared Brandon to 3 other schools with very similar demographics. The
other 3 were neck-and-neck and Brandon was trailing them all before the
Thin-Client infusion/invasion. The stats changed dramatically after a
year of thin-clients. Brandon took the lead from the other 3 by a nearly
35% jump ahead (from nearly 20% behind the year before)!!