Re: [K12OSN] OT off site backup

I had to do some reading to to understand the reply. http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/ . I also came across rsnapshot . That looks like what I want, my only concern is when I'm away and my GUI only users need to recover files, they probable won't be able to. After googling there seems to be a gui called grsync.
Mark

Kevin Verheyen wrote:
what about rsync with hardlinks, using rotating backups?

Op 22-jul-06, om 15:06 heeft Mark Gumprecht het volgende geschreven:

I use BackupPC at all my locations (6). What do some of you use for off-site backup? I recall, but can't find, someone mentioning box backup. I have tape drives, but my territory covers 440 square miles and getting people to actually remove the tapes doesn't seem to work. I have T-1 lines at all locations so on-line backup is what I am leaning toward.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Mark

--Mark Gumprecht
MSAD3