[K12OSN] Newbie questions

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Mon Jul 24 16:38:22 UTC 2006

FC5 release is in candidate state #2...
We're wait'n on it to be full release within a week I believe
K12LTSP is a bundled OS package with LTSP and many K12apps..
where-as LTSP is simply the package to do a terminal server on a distro
of linux.

maybe I oversimplified it...but that's the gist of it.

I'm waiting for Eric to return and release the FC5 version.

[QUOTE]
K12LTSP 5.0.0 release candidate #2 has been uploaded.

This build includes a new kernel and the Fl_Teachertool update.
Hopefully the kernel update will fix the various RAID card issues reported.

I will be mostly off-line for the next week and a half. If no major
issues crop up before then, we'll be ready for the official release.

Please give this build a very thorough test and report any and all
issues that you see.

The repositories have been updated, if you have an earlier beta
installed you can simply run "yum update".

Pentium/Xeon/Athlon/etc 32bit version:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/iso/
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5.0.0-32bit/iso/ .

Opteron/EM64T/etc 64bit version:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-64bit/iso/
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5.0.0-64bit/iso/ .

-Eric

[/QUOTE]