[K12OSN] Basic LTSP Question

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Mon Jul 24 21:31:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:20:58 -0400
Brian <belstsrv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking to experiment with K12LTSP on an old 500MHz machine and
> was going to connect to it from my laptop, but in reading, it looks
> like  you need the client machine to be dedicated and not running
> another OS  and then connecting to the Terminal Server.
>
> Am I correct or could I boot in to XP and then connect to the LTSP
> server?

You might be able to use a universal boot floppy (or if you are using
your laptop as the client - a special PCMCIA boot floppy).  There is
even a boot disk that will write the required info to your HD, and then
at boot time you can choose Windows or LTSP.  This is what I use here at
home.  The family can boot to Win98 (the local hard drive) to play the
games or they can boot the computer as if it was a thin client to my
server.

Need more info, just let me know... I think I have links or even the
images to all the floppys I mentioned.

Kevin

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org