[K12OSN] Bind/named not working

I lost power in the middle of finishing up a smb/ldap domain controller. Now when it boots it hangs on the "named" startup. The logs don't indicate anything, but after doing an interactive startup, if I skip named,nfs,smb, it will come up. If I try to start/restart/status of named, I get "connection refused: rndc failed to connect". So from here I know bind is not working. I googled, but can't seem to find a definitive answer. I tried to reinstall bind, but that didn't work. I could just blow the server and reload it, Certainly would take less time than I have in it right now, But, being still new to linux and never having had a software failure in linux before, seems like a prime opportunity for some OJT.
Any help Appreciated.
Mark

--
´╗┐Mark Gumprecht