[K12OSN] Servers, K12LTSP, and workstation numbers, etc.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jul 25 18:28:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 13:05 -0500, Doug Simpson wrote:
> Already have these servers and will have to use them,. . .
>
> the one I am wanting to boot from is a dual xeon 3G (I think) with12MB RAM
> and GB NICs.

Will the clients be local to the servers?  I'd expect a box like that
to work nicely with at least 2 24 port switches each connected with
a gig uplink and loaded with clients and probably not slow down much
with 3.  The place you'll have trouble is getting that much bandwidth
out to distributed clients.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com