[K12OSN] Etherboot, kernel panic, 8139

Hi list

On k12 v5rc2 I get the following message when using Etherboot cards (Realtek 8139D chipset):

RAMDISK: Couldn't find a valid RAM disk image starting at 0
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown- block (1.0)

If I plug in a PXE card on the same client, it works fine. It happens with an upgrade from 4.4.1 of k12 as well as with a clean install. Works perfectly on k12 4.4.1.

Is there perhaps an option-129 that may help? I've already tried 8139cp that Jim suggested on the ltsp list. No go.

ed