Re: [K12OSN] Etherboot, kernel panic, 8139

In my lab this last year, I started getting those same errors on
random machines.  Usually, a reboot or two would get things going
again.  Sometimes it would only be one client on the network, other
times it would be a bunch of them.

I would replace a network cable, swap out a thin client, but I'd still
get these errors in a random client.

My k12 lab is closed off from the rest of the network behind my
server.  Someone had ran a patch cable from the switch to the rest of
the network, so my network which was supposed to be closed no longer
was.  I think that my clients were expirencing an IP conflict between
my server's internal nic and the district's router.

If you're sure this isn't your problem, you could try using a boot floppy.

Eric