Re: [K12OSN] TeacherTool Question

On 7/28/06, John Baillie <jbaillie stmarys-school org> wrote:
Is there a way to have one instance of TeacherTool work with 3 servers?
Being that we use three servers any given terminal in the lab might be
connected to one of three servers.

This feature has been requested before. I know many people would like it because of situations like yours where there are multiple servers (or load balancing with round robin dhcp). It would require ssh keys being setup between servers and modifications to all the functions in my code. I think it's possible but it would take me lots of time and testing. Maybe one day I will have time to do it but I don't have time to do it now. For now you could try sshing into the other two servers and use X11 forwarding to forward fl_tt to the display you are sitting at. So basically you will have three fl_tt windows open to see all possible clients. Not perfect but it's the best I can suggest right now. BTW if anyone wants to contribute a feature like this, fl_tt is GPLed software and the entire source code is only 1347 lines. You don't really need to know FLTK (as the gui is already built) but you do need to know C++.

Thanks,
John