[K12OSN] TeacherTool Question

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 23:18:38 UTC 2006

On 7/28/06, John Baillie <jbaillie at stmarys-school.org> wrote:

> Is there a way to have one instance of TeacherTool work with 3 servers?
> Being that we use three servers any given terminal in the lab might be
> connected to one of three servers.

This feature has been requested before. I know many people would like it
because of situations like yours where there are multiple servers (or load
balancing with round robin dhcp). It would require ssh keys being setup
between servers and modifications to all the functions in my code. I think
it's possible but it would take me lots of time and testing. Maybe one day I
will have time to do it but I don't have time to do it now. For now you
could try sshing into the other two servers and use X11 forwarding to
forward fl_tt to the display you are sitting at. So basically you will have
three fl_tt windows open to see all possible clients. Not perfect but it's
the best I can suggest right now. BTW if anyone wants to contribute a
feature like this, fl_tt is GPLed software and the entire source code is
only 1347 lines. You don't really need to know FLTK (as the gui is already
built) but you do need to know C++.

Thanks,
> John

Robert Arkiletian