Re: [K12OSN] Connecting a Printer - How?

I have a 20 seat computer lab at a school.  All the lab computers are edubuntu; computers on teachers' desks are Win2000.  I have a laser printer in the lab.  I assigned an ip address to it outside the ubuntu server's dhcp range.  Then, I added the printer on every edubuntu workstation.  I don't use a print server.  I know this doesn't help you, but I just thought I'd share a configuration that works great for me.

So I'm curious (and Im sure this is a dumb question):  Why do you need a print server?  Is that required for the LTSP network?

~kari