[K12OSN] backup solution for K12

What’s the simplest way to run daily or weekly backups for K12… should I just make a copy of the /home/ folder (which houses everyone’s desktop and personal settings)… will it be easy to import that back onto a new install of K12Fedora if something goes south? Will I have to redo all the file permissions?

And, what’s a good, reliable way to make a full backup of the Fedora install? I have used things like BackupMYPC before, and Symantec BackupExec for automated backups.

Thanks!