[K12OSN] backup solution for K12

Olle Niit olle at paalalinn.com
Sun Jul 30 21:26:12 UTC 2006

I use some years now this script:
http://www.vvpk.vil.ee/linux/failid/varukoopia.sh
Just delete estonian comments and leave english comments.
with:
crontab -u root -e
command i wrote one additional line:
00 19 * * * /root/varukoopia
and server creates incremental backup every night at 19:00 from
directory to directory specified in script varukoopia.sh

I found this script from LinuxFocus magazine some years ago. It's very
easy and clever solution.
Article in LinuxFocus magazine, March/April 2004:
http://www.tldp.org/linuxfocus/English/March2004/article326.shtml

Olle Niit