Re: [K12OSN] Basic LTSP Question

Here are the 2 easiest methods, in my opinion.

1)  Use the built-in PXE boot function available in
most newer laptops.  You'll need to be plugged in the
the network for this (wireless won't work).  You may
need to hit a special key to pull up a boot menu
before Windows comes up (it's F8 or F12 on a lot of
machines) and then choose "boot from network" or
something similar.  In this case, your laptop will not
be running Windows, only Linux.

2)  Use VNC.  You'll need to start the VNC server on
the K12LTSP server machine.  You do that by going to
"System", "Administration", "Services", then click on
vncserver and hit "start".  Next you need to install a
VNC client on your Windows machine.  I recommend
TightVNC:  http://www.tightvnc.com/download.html
Once installed, run the vnc viewer and tell it to
connect to your K12LTSP server (either by IP address
or by hostname).  In this case, your laptop will be
running Windows, but will have a window displaying
your Linux session.

-Rob