[K12OSN] howto restore desktop settings

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 1 01:42:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 02:14 +0000, Gavin Chester wrote:
> <sheepish> I have lost all my desktop tweaks for both KDE and Xfce by
> accidentally choosing 'reset desktop' at the session login screen
> (GDM?).  Groan.  How do I restore my customised settings?

Hmm, well I bit the bullet and did two things: 1. I restarted GDM; and
2. I recreated the mail accounts I had in evolution.  This seems to have
done the trick and not only are all my old settings and mail for evo
back in all its glory, but firefox seems magically restored, too.
Phew :-)

I alos rediscovered 'gdmsetup' in the process and now have a different
look to my graphical login.  Not a bad outcome, really.  Still would
like to edit the session menu, as posted separately.

Gavin.