[K12OSN] RE: [Ltsp-discuss] What distribution should I use?

Timothy Hart timothy.hart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:39:34 UTC 2006

It is Debian based for one thing. Certain people like RPM based distros
better. I happen to like Debian. Kind of geeky, but that is why there are
more user friendly distros built on top of the stable debian base. I like
Ubuntu but prefer KDE so I have used Kubuntu. Although my favorite distro as
of late has been Mepis. Basically the latest version is based on Ubuntu but
with a bunch of things you would want anyways, like mp3 playback by default.
It has a fantastic live disc/install disc as well. Just pop it in, try it
out, click install. Very easy. Highly recommended.