[K12OSN] RE: [Ltsp-discuss] What distribution should I use?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Thu Jun 1 20:59:36 UTC 2006

<snip a bunch of distro opinions>

Just throwing in my +1 for Ubuntu. All the nice things about debian,
plus a polished (arguably the most polished) Linux desktop. And with the
release of 6.06 LTS today, you've got a nice long support life cycle for
the Desktop (3 years) and servers (5 years) so upgrade churn should be
minimal. In fact, I've been waiting for this release to go gold to start
moving my production machines over to Ubuntu.

--
-Quentin Hartman-

Technology Coordinator
South Lane School District