[K12OSN] Ready made thin clients - which would you buy?

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Thu Jun 8 03:57:01 UTC 2006

Thanks for the info.  Those are a little more money than I was hoping to spend. Has me looking at the hp5500 (or was it 5000?  I'm going from memory here.)

Perhaps I should ask my question another way.

What are the specs for a proper k12ltsp thin client?
Processor, Audio, Video.  What buzzwords should I avoid?  Citrix?  Embedded Linux?  WinCE?
Does it have to be intel?  I've seen some TC's with PPC chips.
I know the you don't need a fast CPU, or a lot of vram 32 megs RAM, etc.  But what brands/types work and which don't?

Thanks again,

ck