[K12OSN] group password

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 17:57:21 UTC 2006

Thanks Martin!  Now if  I could only get it to work.   Whatever I do I get this:

usage: chpasswd [-e]

man chpasswd has this:

CAVEATS
       The input file must be protected if it contains unencrypted passwords.

So I tried chmodding my input file to 600.....no good.  i'm not sure
how to encrypt a passwod with the command line so I changed one of my
users with webmin and copied the encryped pw into my input file with
"find and replace"   With that file i tried the command with the -e
switch.....no good.  What the heck am i doing wrong?

Thanks,
Peter