[K12OSN] iptables blocking tftp on default installation

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sat Jun 10 20:06:57 UTC 2006

I did another installation of beta 7 for version 5.0.  I accepted the
defaults for everything, except for two things: the host name, and the
firewall.  The only thing I changed for the firewall is that I selected
the option to open port 443 for https, by just selecting the checkbox; I
didn't add any other options.  After the server finished the
installation, I tried to boot my iPaq client, which uses PXE.  It hung
at the tftp stage, until I turned iptables off at the server, and then
the client continued to boot normally.

What assumption does 5.0 make about the state and open port of the
firewall/iptables?

Petre