[K12OSN] vncserver

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jun 12 03:33:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 21:22, bear2bar at netscape.net wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> No I'm not starting the sessions! They seem to start by
> themselves?????? Althought I've stopped vncserver and vncts, vnc
> sessions keep appearing in the vncserver pid and slowing the server to
> a crawl.

The vncserver service is for pre-configured long-running
sessions and you probably don't have any.  Normally they
are started by xinetd as connections are established.

> Could my system have been hacked ???

Try a 'netstat' to see what is on the other end of the
connections to ports 5900-5905.   It's also possible
you have a virus on some other local box that is trying
to connect on these ports.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com