[K12OSN] End Of Year Cleaning

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jun 15 19:09:11 UTC 2006

Mark Sarria wrote:
> Well, I am using Samba-LDAP server, I looked in webmin and can't seem to
> follow what you're talking about. I used the scripts provided (IDEALX) to
> create the user account. I see there is a delete script but not sure if it
> can be used to delete user accounts from just one group.

For users in a group named "student":

# for each in $(getent group student | cut -d':' -f4 | tr ',' ' ');
# do ls -ld /home/$each;
# done

If that looks like the right students, change the "do" to something more
deadly, i.e. "do rm -rf /home/$each".

Be _really sure_ you're pointing at the right stuff before you let 'er
rip. Caveat emptor, and all that.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services