[K12OSN] DHCP- WINS entry ?

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Fri Jun 16 11:55:39 UTC 2006

Hello All,

Could someone here possibly give some insight on how to add a WINS entry
into the dhcp.conf file? On our network ( dont know why?), we have to
manually enter the WINS number on each Windows hard drive machine, in
order for these machines to "see" our Windows domain controller. Id like
to figure out how to transparently enter this information into the
dhcp.conf file on out Linux dhcp server.
In other words out dhcp Linux server ip address is 172.28.8.66
How would i enter this number to delve out this info to Windows boxes?

Thanks,
Barry Cisna