[K12OSN] schooltool startup no go

Daniel Bo daengbo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 02:40:11 UTC 2006

Barry,

You should probably look into the .conf file and find out what user
schooltool runs at. It's probably the user "schooltool." I suspect that
the directory /var/lib/schooltool was created as root and doesn't give
write permissions to the schooltool user. Let's finish that. As root:

chown -R <whatever the schooltool user is> /var/lib/schooltool
chmod u+rw -R /var/lib/schooltool

Hope that fixes the problem. If it doesn't, please post the results of
the following commands to the list

cat /etc/schooltool/schooltool.conf
ls -l /var/lib/schooltool
tail /var/log/schooltool/error.log