[K12OSN] domain name loops back to dsl router

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Sun Jun 18 17:15:33 UTC 2006

Hello ALL,

I have a strange one here, or so it is to me. I setup another 4.4.1
K12LTSP box at my house. I got my own domain name for this box,and what is
happening is, when i enter my domain name locally the browser winds up
redirecting to the dsl modem/router interface that i have from the dsl
provider.
This is not actually redirecting to ip address of the server ,it is the ip
assigned to the router. I have disabled all port forwards trying to
reslove it, but still same thing. I am guessing it is something maybe i
have setup on the dns provider( easydns). But i surely cant get it figured
out:(. I have to vnc to a machine outside my lan in order to make sure for
example my home page is working or mailman etc.
The website comes up fine on a remote machine so it appears to be working
correctly, I can also email fine, with this domain name. In the webrowser
i have made sure direct connection to internet is checked just seeing if i
can get anything to make it see my domain name locally.
Not sure if the nating is causing something in this?

Thanks,
Barry Cisna