[K12OSN] LTSP authentication reset

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Jun 20 15:38:45 UTC 2006

Hung Phan wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I follow this instruction
> <http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2005-April/msg00763.html> to
> config my LTSP clients to authenticate against Mac OS X server Open
> Directory. I play around with LDAP setting and set it incorrectly
> (rather than the server IP, I put the Base DN). Now I cannot login using
> the local user (admin or student accounts that I created)
>
> Is there anyway to get back in to reset the setting through command line
> or GUI?

Probably just need to run authconfig again and uncheck the "Use LDAP"
boxes. If you can't log in as root due to the broken authentication
config, you may need to boot into single user mode :

http://tinyurl.com/npcun
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-rescuemode-booting-single.html

> And anyone actually get LTSP clients to authenticate with Mac OS 10.4.6
> Open Directory? I read posts stated to use NFS mount but have no steps
> listed. Please give me the links if you got it work?

I can't give you a step-by-step, but I'd be looking at the documentation
here:
http://www.apple.com/server/documentation/

In particular, the "Open Directory" document for LDAP authentication and
"File Services" for exporting an NFS share point.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services