[K12OSN] K12LTSP - How easy was that!

steve gilmore stegil at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 14:00:19 UTC 2006

If I might add a few points. Connecting to a default Windows XP pro, is
limited to a single remote administrative session ( see note). Thus if an
administrator account logs in , other users are informed their session will
be terminated. As a limited user they might not have control, but an
administrator could refuse the connection.

(note) A few years ago when Microsoft released XP betas for testing, one of
the original files involved multiple connections with remote desktop  :-) .
Thus if one replaces their current file with an older one (termserv.dll)  ,
multiple independant remote connections are possible. How many, depends on
the strength of the target machine. If you create local users on the target
XP machine, change them to limited users, and permit local security policy
for them to login via network, then the administrator may view all user
connections at the task manager  etc..
XP must not be part of a domain and have fast user switching enabled.
I can't say yea or nay vis a vis the EULA, since no one complains about
multiple vnc connections or multiple pc-anywhere connections or radmin
connections, then you decide. After all , it is an original microsoft file.
http://sala.pri.ee/?page_id=11

SteveG