[K12OSN] classroom teachers

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 21:55:39 UTC 2006

On 6/26/06, Rob Owens <hick518 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Debbie,
>
> It's nice for the techie folks to see firsthand what
> the teachers want/need and how they are using the
> software.  I think it's also nice for the teachers to
> get to know the techie folks on this list.

Having talked with hundreds of teachers at our Open Source Labs for
the cue.org and necc shows, I *think* there is a huge group of
teachers who are interested in FLOSS programs who will absolutely not
be ready for, or want to be on, a list like this.

And I think it is worth recognizing, that for FLOSS programs to gain
some footing, there needs to be an easy entry point for them.

Anyway, the list is up and we'll see what happens.
http://groups.google.com/group/k12opensource/

--
Steve Hargadon
steve at hargadon.com